Math in Your Feet is back in Connecticut this July!
Join physical educators, classroom teachers, music teachers and math specialists who would like to insure physically active schools in a professional learning workshop sponsored by the Connecticut Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (CAHPERD) and presented by Malke Rosenfeld.
In this active, six-hour workshop for educators, participants will:
- be introduced to the concept of rhythm making with the feet (percussive dance)
- experiment with an educational tool designed for non-dancers to create, sequence, and record their own rhythm- and foot-based dance patterns
- discuss the math learning inherent in these activities
- have an opportunity to reflect on their experience and learning and think forward toward implementation of the ideas and lessons presented
- leave with comprehensive resource lists, classroom materials, and lesson plans for the Math in Your Feet program for use in individual classrooms