I'm starting to get excited! There are many things to look forward to including (but not limited to):
- the possibility of meeting Keith Devlin, NPR's Math Guy
- the possibility of meeting Scott Kim (one of the MathDance guys)
- the possibility of meeting other really interesting people, still to be discovered but no less exciting
- the sheer volume of workshops on interesting arts connections to teaching math
- a chance to share my own work, and to give teachers some concrete experience with integrating percussive dance and elementary mathematics as well as tools and lesson plans that they can take right back to their classrooms after the conference is over! And all in 90 minutes.