Saturday, September 21, 2013

Math in Your Feet on The Friday Zone!

Live television folks, anything can happen!

A couple weeks ago I hauled my dance board and my goofy self over to the WTIU studios on the Indiana University campus to tape an episode of the Friday Zone.  We taped down some (purple! orange!) squares on a round set (now there's some mathematical problem solving for you) and got to work learning how to create our own percussive dance steps and make math, all at the same time.

This was all totally unscripted and totally live. There are a few places where I'd love to go back and rephrase but, hey, that's what teaching is -- a live, in the moment, and often improvisational kind of gig. You just gotta' keep moving forward. The first segment starts at 7:40 and then we take a little break. The continuation of our work starts at 15:25.

As you can see, we had a lot of fun so don't be shy -- go ahead and dance along at home! Thanks to The Friday Zone for asking me on their awesome show.

3 comments:

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...