Monday, September 17, 2012

A Seven Year Old's "Math Thought"

Kid, scrambling for some paper and a pencil: "Mama!  Hold on a second, I have a math thought!"

Silly me, I just thought she was trying to avoid having her hair brushed... It took her three tries, but on the third try she had it just right.

Me: "Tell me about it..."

Kid: "This is a square, and if you draw two triangles you get a rhombus."

"Scrar" = square
"Robis" = rhombus
"T" = triangle

























Me: "That's really cool!  How did you come up with that?"

Turns out it was this funny little geometric-solid-ish toy I bought her for $6 at the local children's science museum. This is what she saw:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...