Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sidewalk Math: Circle Fractions, Division and Multiples

Okay, so we've walked past these two covers about a million times but today I saw them in a completely different light.

This winter/spring we've been doing a LOT with number multiples and conceptualizing multiplication and division.  Last week my mind moved toward the inevitable: fractions.  Although shivers go down my spine every time I think about fractions I'm still resolved to figure it all out for the sake of my seven year old, if not myself.  It's been sitting in the back of my mind so I guess that's why this cover caught my eye and brought me to a dead stop.

Can you see it?  Fractions and multiples!



































And, a little further on, this beauty: an 8-star and some fractions!




















What I really want to know is who designs these?  I want that job.  To see some other cool round things we found on a walk last spring, go read my post Channeling Tana Hoban: Juxtaposition Edition.   Now that was one amazing day for circles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...